Thursday, April 26, 2018

NOT MUCH TO REPORT

There are Thursdays when "My" auction really doesn't have too much for me. Tomorrow is shaping up to be just such a day.
There is just one painting that G and I both loved



This is a post-impressionist painting by Gabriel Dauchot that dates to the early 20th c. I came home and researched Dauchot--he doesn't have any high listings. And without a respectable profit margin, this sweet little painting is off my list.


The pair of hands on the far left of the photo are pretty great, but they take up A LOT of space and I think they might be restrikes--not a great place to start.

But there is something on the  horizon...........



I'm taking my amazing daughter and Angie is taking her amazing daughter for a "Mommy&ME" date--lunch and The Broad's spectacular Jasper John's exhibition. I can't wait.....I've wanted to attend this exhibition since it opened. Any LA readers: The Jasper Johns exhibit will close on May 13th; so there is still time to go--reserve tickets are a must.

Gerry bought this pair of lamps at an on-line auction a few weeks ago and they arrived last week.



These guys are spectacular: Italian, 50s or 60s and in almost mint condition....they've already been rewired and they came with black shades!!!! I think I will most probably switch-out the shades and buy a pair of off white shades. Comedia dell'arte has me humming.
I'll give a recap tomorrow, but now it's off to bed.

Blessings for the week.

Mary & Jones  Cole.






No comments:

Post a Comment