Sunday, July 1, 2018

THE FOUNDATION



The foundation is all in for the new space. Sometimes it's difficult for me to figure out where to start when pulling a new space together. It seems that if I manage to be somewhat content with the first vignette, then the rest just seems to unfold. I wanted this new space to have strong counterpoints of fine antiques offset with late 20th c. decorative furnishings. Hollywood Regency seems to be making a come back; so I brought in quite a bit of that time frame. The gold chair is going out to be upholstered in a pink or strong blush velvet. Over the gilt chair is a set of three 18th c. French Eglomise pictures that retain their original 18th c. frames.
Here are a couple additional vignettes--they are not quite as finished as the first one, but we're making progress.


The Buddhas are sitting pretty on the 10 ft. altar table--the wall still looks pretty bare--hmmmmm. I love the little Anglo/Portuguese-Indian chair acting as the protector of the mid-century green velvet chairs. The rug is pretty amazing. A couple of dealers think that it's an Edward Fields rug, but I really don't know where it's from; I just know that I love it.


The 18th c. Swedish chairs work pretty well with the bronze console with dog supports......and so it starts.
Wish me luck with this new space and I'm trying to show a different part of me.
Blessing for the week.
Prayers that all of the children that were separated from their mothers and fathers are returned within the next two weeks before the traitor-in-chief changes his mind.

Mary & Jones & Cole




No comments:

Post a Comment