Tuesday, January 15, 2019

COFFEE TABLE CONTRAST

I am always amazed at what we choose to buy and how it all fits together. Case in point:
Last week I bought this stunning Maison Bagues (found one just like on Christie's website) bronze table (new black glass on order)



This table is super structured and  purely neoclassical.......and then, we fell in love (G fell first as I was still focused on structured pieces) with this table. Both tables are  about the same size, both are created with metal--but so  diametrically opposed in energy.



I loved the "Memphis" feel of the modern table matched to the rough stone top. Of course, we bought this one, too (but from a different auction house that usually only sells traditional pieces--you just never know what will show up and where). It will go perfectly in front of a mid-century leather sofa acquired a few weeks ago and I'll place the French Art Deco black cameo glass vase on it.......







I haven't quite figured out where to place the Bagues table--but the perfect spot will open up.

It rained all day (grateful) and it's going to rain the rest of the week--we desperately need this to break the drought. 
I need to get off to bed. No more tables for me this week.

Blessings for the week.

Mary & Jones & Cole

No comments:

Post a Comment