Wednesday, January 9, 2019

ON TO 2019.............


By nature I'm not a minimalist....but I have read that in order to bring in prosperity one must make space for the new blessings. So, with the goal to bring in blessings, I intended to follow the prescription of tossing 27 items a day for 9 days.........I was pretty good the first 3 days and dutifully tossed 27 items each day. And then I discovered that if I tossed (cleaned out) my "Inbox" of 27 emails (most of them asking for political donations), this project could be pretty simple. For 3 days I tossed many, many more than 27 emails/day.........today, I didn't toss anything. The problem is that now I have to go back and start on day one of the 9-day prescription. Thank goodness my "Inbox" has many thousands of emails to delete.
2019 has started out with a bang......we've sold a lot  (which always makes me feel blessed) and last Thursday's auction was huge.
G and I previewed on Wednesday and spotted a few things to buy. We could have "left bids" on these items, but you need to be present at the auction to truly reap its benefits. (I have been lagging at auction--not really going because I've been watching my pennies) I could feel in my bones that I/we were going to be very successful last week and we were......and I was there at 9:15 to make sure that I saw what was coming out of the pile. (The auction house makes a huge pile of items that are judged to be of little value to auction at the beginning of the auction.)
This amazing BRONZE coffee table frame came right out of the pile







Luckily for me, I just happened to recognize the table--a French Deco Coffee table by Maison Bagues (attributed). The cast bronze palm capitals appears to retain a bit of their original gilding. Roberto cleaned the table on Tuesday and a tempered black glass top is on order---super chic.
I must be on a black-roll--the next purchase was this pair of late 19th c. (I think) Chinese Famille Noire Garden Seats.  Any Famille Noire object is very desirable; so this pair of seats is pretty unusual. One needs a small repair which does not alter the value of the seats.





And last up is again black--a dealer friend came in with a large lot of textiles. The minute I spotted these Bark Cloth panels, I knew that one had to be mine......it took a lot of convincing for her to sell me just one panel.....the panels were never in direct sunlight and after all of these years, are in nearly mint condition.





This is going to be a bit of a stretch for me, but I'm going to make some pillows from the fabric. My perfectionist tendencies cause my pillows to be quite expensive to create. Also, I don't know if there is a market for this type of pillow.....we'll see.
Fortunately, tomorrow there is nothing at auction that attracts my fancy.......I still need to restore, clean etc. and then take photos and get everything posted on line.........yes, it's definitely work.

Jones seems to be doing a little better, but still isn't himself.

Sending blessings for 2019.

Mary, Jones (prayers please) and Cole



















No comments:

Post a Comment