Friday, August 2, 2013

MOVED IN

WELL, IT'S DONE...MOVED IN AND MOVED OUT.......
STILL ALL OF THE ORGANIZING AND PUZZLE ARRANGING OF PIECES TO RESOLVE. BUT THE HEAVY LIFTING IS DONE AND ONLY THE FINE TUNING (ACTUALLY THE MOST COMPLEX PART) REMAINS. Mercifully, my body is still in one piece....

Thankfully, true antiques dealers cannot stay away from auction day. We bought several things, several GREAT THINGS!! But I only snapped these two photos with my Iphone when I previewed on Wednesday (of course, I was a bit late to my own move so that I could preview)........this is a true sign of a chair addict: we bought more chairs, although we are over-flowing with chairs. But these guys were too amazing to pass up. In 25 years of buying, I have never seen anything quite like them. I have seen similar Italian tole beds, but never tole arm chairs.  Take a look...




I'm pretty sure that they are Italian, but they are painted in a French Neoclassical style.  Is it my imagination...I think there is more than a hint of a klismos form here. Anyway, they are very unique and fun. I'll take better photos tomorrow.
We also bought this little antique 19th c. Syrian or Moroccan tabouret--love the patina....
   
 

MIA UPDATE
Mia and her Mom are flying home tomorrow for about a 10 day respite from all of the medical stuff. I can't wait to see them--Mia is doing really well and we are all taking it day-by-day. Still many hurdles before a full recovery. Thank you for all of the many prayers.

Be well.
Mary & Jones (& Cole)












4 comments:

  1. Such good news to come back home to such love :) Thoughts and prayers will continue ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for all of the heard and answered prayers. Love does conquer all.
    Be well.
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mary all is so exciting and I am sure you are either exhausted or running on adrenaline!
    I have been looking for a Moroccan Taboret Table. Do you know how much you plan to ask?

    Still praying for Mia and your family!
    Xoxo
    Karena
    2013 Designer Series

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Karena,
      It's a cute little table--going to get a bit of a facelift...
      xoxoxo
      Mary

      Delete