Monday, November 7, 2016

OH, MY GOODNESS

I did not expect my sales to pop the way they have since my move. I've sold all kinds of things to all very different types of people and all new clients.
This pair of benches went to a charming young Pasadena woman.


This oak table with the 17th c. top and 20th c. base went to a Hollywood industry person.


Who also purchased these Scalamandre "Le tigre" 
pillows


and a pair of these c. 1970's x-folding stools


Another very well-loved and known Hollywood person purchased a second set of the leather stools.
And best of all (maybe) a third Hollywood person (I hate the term "celebrity" or "star") is sending in her DAD--a super-well known singer in the next week or so.  We shall see what develops. All three of these talented Hollywood individuals were open and friendly and wonderful to work with--no ego issues, which is always refreshing and appreciated.

It was a tough decision to increase my overhead in these still challenging economic times and when this very anxiety-producing election cycle is still in full swing. But God is definitely showing me that I was listening to Him. And I am very grateful. I will be so relieved when the elections are completed. I voted on the third day of mail-in voting in California and then forgot to mail my ballot for a week......  I am so disheartened that individuals within our own political system are attempting to undermine our democracy and election process by mimicking election strategies in third world and former communist countries. I'm so disheartened that there have been attempts to undermine our democratic election process from both organizations within the United States and from without. I pray that all of our newly elected leaders respond to the trust invested in them to govern and to govern well: ignoring partisan divides, voting their conscience independently of other influences. I truly believe that individuals perform to higher standards when they make decisions independently; not adhering to misplaced or false loyalties and crowd mania.  Go HIllary. (Thanks for letting me spew). I'm scheduled to make calls tomorrow to get out the vote. The power of our vote is enormous and each of us needs to honor that responsibility to simply vote our conscience as to who is the most prepared, globally respected, intelligent and measured candidate for the Office of the President.

Blessing for the coming week.

Mary & Jones & Cole 



2 comments:

  1. That bench with the iron stretcher bars is fabulous! I had a Spanish table very similar to it. Gorgeous pieces, as usual. xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Loi, Thank you. I was a little sad to see the benches go as I'll probably never see another pair. xoxox Mary

    ReplyDelete