Tuesday, November 7, 2017

JUST A QUICKIE--- FOLLOW-UP

As promised here are the photos missing from last post.....
First up are the Pith Paintings--now that I've had a chance to really study the little paintings, they truly are gorgeous. So finely painted with both flora and fauna. Some even have caterpillars and other bugs, making them even more desirable. Roberto was really busy today picking up at auction and then working on stuff. We reorganized rooms and laid down a carpet (which meant removing everything from one entire section) and also hanging the paintings on the wall. Roberto is so fast--it would have taken me over an hour to hang the twelve paintings and he was done in about 15 mins.





The lilies are gorgeous and just look at the caterpillar climbing up the rose stem. Almost 200 years later, the colors are still brilliant and the paint looks fresh.

I believe this is an Indo-Chinese 18th or early 19thc. mounted Buddha. I'll have to do more research--as yet I haven't found anything quite like it. But it is




very old and extremely heavy, which makes me think it is constructed of rosewood??? The figure needs a bit of work as the arm has an old break and one leg needs to be doweled back on. I have no idea exactly how old he is, but he will look fantastic beside my camels


And finally another shot of the Baker Knole sofa




The discrepany in the coloration of the sofa is due to the different lighting conditions---but doesn't the sofa look fantastic adorned with the Fortuny pillows in a great complementary color. I love the way the sofa goes absolutely flat. (Definitely would not want teenage boys sleeping on that sofa)
Tomorrow it's off to auction preview again----I do not have an extra square foot to spare; so I can't buy any furniture.
Wish me luck.
Congratulations to the new Democratice governors of New Jersey and Virginia!!! mr. trump (small t) do you hear the hooves approaching?

Blessings for the day and prayers for all of those who have lost loved ones in the past days of violence and destruction.

Mary & Jones & Cole




3 comments:

  1. Love those Pith paintings...wall space though is a rare luxury here. Keep the Karmic thoughts about the waning days of this despot who defiled all the White House represents to the World!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!! I will visualize "mr. small t" getting his karmic desserts.
      M

      Delete